Sunday, April 28, 2013

Caramel Iced Hot Chocolate {a recipe}


Nate and I both have history in our families of health risks and diseases, one prevalent one is Diabetes.
My father in law is diabetic.

Since dating Nate {it'll be 14 years next month!} I've witnessed my father in law actively taking charge of his disease by seeking out sugar free foods.
One of his favorites that he introduced me to years ago is Werther's Original Sugar Free Candies.
I've been addicted ever since! No way would I have ever known it was sugar free! For those of you that have tried it, don't you agree? So much yummy flavor in a piece of SUGAR FREE candy! Love it!
 
We always have some in a candy dish in our kitchen for easy access to calm my sweet tooth down.
Maggie asked for one a couple weeks ago and I didn't want to give her the whole thing so I broke it into pieces to give her a taste.

When the Hubs asked what she was eating and I told him he came up with a genius idea!
To add it to my hot chocolate!
My brain started going in overdrive and the yumminess below was born!

It's as easy as it looks and as delicious as it sounds!
That is if you like hot chocolate and the taste of caramel.
Who doesn't tho right? {wink wink}.

What you'll need:
Hot Chocolate Mix
Ice Cubes
Whipped Cream {optional}
and your choice of flavor of Werther's Originals Sugar Free Candies

Follow the instructions to make your hot chocolate
Remove from heat and set aside to cool
Crush your Werther's Originals Sugar Free Candies
I used 8 pieces in all for my drink
Set aside half a teaspoon of the crushed candies
Add the remaining crushed Werther's Original Sugar Free Candies to your hot chocolate, stir well
Fill a tall glass with ice
Pour the hot chocolate with crushed candies mix over the ice
Stir as best as you can to make the liquid cold
Add whip cream if you like
Then top with the candies you had set aside previously
Next pop in a straw and enjoy!
You can really make this your own.
Want more caramel taste, add more crushed candies.
I enjoy them with a nice cup of hot chocolate as well, or hello?
Add some to your coffee, ice cream, yogurt, the possibilities are endless!
Speaking of possibilities check out some other flavors they offer
Caramel Coffee is my new favorite, followed by Caramel Apple close behind.
Have you tried these candies?
What's your favorite flavor?

As usual if you try the above recipe I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Linkin up to these fun parties!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. this looks yum! Your husband was a smart man! Pinning!

    I would love for you to come link up to That's Fresh Friday-- it's still opened till tomorrow

    www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! We're def gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know how you like it! :) Thanks Kara!!

      Delete
  3. This looks so yummy!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I love meeting new blog friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! this looks too delightful! I want to try it! thanks for sharing
    Delightful Ideas
    SmartyPants Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts!